Were You Involved in a Motorcycle Accident?
You could be Entitled to Compensation
Motorcycle accidents can be some of the most catastrophic of all motor vehicle collisions. If you have been involved in an accident while riding your motorcycle, you could be entitled to compensation. A personal injury firm could help you obtain the monetary reward that you are legally entitled to as a result of your accident.
Causes and Results of Motorcycle Accidents
There are a number of factors that can contribute to a motorcycle accident, and the majority of these accidents are the result of the recklessness of other drivers. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Other motorists disobeying traffic laws
- Another person driving while under the influence of drug or alcohol
- Speeding by other drivers
- Other motorists being distracted while driving (texting, eating, etc)
Motorcycle accidents can cause serious, life-changing injuries. The repercussions of these accidents can include, but are not limited to:
- Sever, or serious injuries
- Long-term injuries
- Permanent disability
- Loss of your job
- Loss of wages
- Expensive medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Inability to obtain future employment
Whether the repercussions of your accident were minor or severe, the liable party should be held responsible for providing you with monetary compensation to cover your damages and you should look for an accounting nyc firm. A long island personal injury firm can help obtain those damages.
How Personal Injury Attorney can Help
An accident lawyer who specializes in motorcycle accidents is your greatest asset if you have suffered injuries in a crash. A lawyer queens ny understands, first-hand, how easily a motorcycle accident can happen, and how damaging the repercussions can be.
An experienced, qualified trial lawyer, who understands the legalities of motorcycle accidents, will review your case and determine who is at fault. A lawyer in quee
ns ny will also be able to develop a powerful defense, and will be prepared to represent you in a court of law, if needed. There is at stake when filing such a case, and an attorney fully understands that. The legalities that are involved with a personal injury case are very intricate and can be difficult to understand. For these reasons, it is important for you to contact an estate planning attorney long island to assist you with your case.
Important Motorcycle Accident Information
The statistics surrounding motorcycle accidents are quite startling.
- It is estimated that 2,000 motorcycle drivers die each year as a result of an accident, and approximately 50,000 are injured.
- Nearly 80% of all motorcycle accidents that occur in the US each year result in an injury or death.
- Head injuries are the primary cause of death in these accidents. This is because the only protection between your head and the ground is your helmet. While a helmet can save your life, if the impact is too strong, or the damage is too severe, injuries to the head can be sustained, and they can be lethal.
- The best way to protect yourself from being involved in an accident is to always be defensive when you are driving. If you see suspicious behavior or a dangerous condition approaching, make sure that you avoid the situation to the best of your ability. For example, drive around potholes and avoid puddles. Additionally, you should always obey speed limits and traffic laws.
- Always wear your helmet when you are riding, even if you are just going down the street. Other protective gear should also be worn, such as eye protection, gloves, leg guards, leather jackets, and protective footwear. These items can help to prevent serious injury, or even death, in the event of an accident.
- If you are involved in an accident, the first thing you should do is seek the necessary medical attention. The next step is to contact the authorities. Have a full accident report filled out and filed. Then, contact a personal injury attorney. The lawyer will get to work collecting pertinent information for your case. In the event of a motorcycle accident, there are steps that need to be followed in order to ensure that your case is properly handled. An experienced attorney will know exactly what needs to be done.
If you or a loved one has sustained an injury as a result of a motorcycle accident, and you haven’t contacted an estate attorney long island yet, it is highly recommended that you do so as soon as possible. There are certain time frames that must be followed in order to file a claim. The longer you wait, the lower your chances of receiving compensation will be. A personal injury lawyer will be able to offer you a consultation to fully assess your case. Should you have a case, an accident attorney will be able to begin the process of filing your claim and assist you through the entire procedure.
Don’t wait until it’s too late! Making a simple phone call to an experienced personal injury attorney with a proven track record of success could make all the difference in the world after your motorcycle accident.